Virginia Mason Memorial consolidates services for patients into one convenient downtown location
YAKIMA (Dec. 22, 2016) – Virginia Mason Memorial is relocating three departments serving patients to one centralized location at the hospital’s downtown building, located at 15 W. Yakima Ave. The move will also bring about 200 employees to the downtown core.
Previously, the nonclinical services and business offices – Medical Records, Hospital Business Services and Memorial Physicians Business Services – were housed separately throughout the community.
“After a year of planning and preparation, we are excited to bring our business office and other support service operations to our downtown location,” said Jim Aberle, Virginia Mason Memorial’s chief operating officer. “This new location provides us the opportunity to consolidate services and allows for future growth. The move will help free up space and parking at the hospital and at our Memorial Physicians administrative building at 3800 Summitview Ave. We also believe this move is good for both Virginia Mason Memorial and the vitality of downtown Yakima.”
Virginia Mason Memorial purchased the 85,000-square-foot building, once a fruit-packing facility, earlier this year and has been working since then to update and renovate the space.
The services and opening dates, which are staggered, are:
- Business Services, where patients can pay hospital bills, will open at the new location
on Jan. 4.
- The office is moving from 3803 W. Nob Hill Blvd.
- The phone number remains: 509-575-8255.
- Patients can also pay hospital bills online at org/payyourbill.
- Memorial Physicians Business Services, billing for outpatient, most primary care clinics and specialty clinics, opens Jan. 10.
- The office is moving from 3800 Summitview Ave.
- The phone number remains 509-972-1140.
- Patients can also pay these bills at yakimamp.com.
- Medical Records, where patients can get copies of their medical records, opens Jan. 16.
- The office is moving from the hospital’s main campus at 2811 Tieton Drive.
- The phone number remains 509-575-8082.
Hours of operation at 15 W. Yakima Ave. will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
# # #