Memorial Cornerstone Medicine has been treating Yakima Valley patients for more than 30 years and has a rich history of serving this community. Cornerstone is excited to be located at a new clinic, designed to better serve patients. Dr. Gabriel Lascar appeared on KIT 1280 on Dec. 16, 2014, to talk more about the new clinic.
How has the patient population at Cornerstone changed?
Cornerstone’s patients tend to be older. It’s a population that tends to have many chronic conditions, and caring for these patients requires a great deal of “behind the scenes” coordination. As health care changes, we need to be better situated to address the needs of these patients, as well as those who require less coordination.
How will this clinic enable you to do that?
We are very excited to be moving to a new clinic that has been built to allow us to better serve our patients into the future. It’s a purpose-built facility – meaning that it is designed to better meet the needs of our patients. The design allows for services to be brought directly to the patient.
- The building is all on one floor – no elevator and no stairs.
- There’s more parking and close to a bus stop right outside.
- The new clinic is all about convenience for our patients. We literally counted the steps from the clinic entry to the exam room to minimize the number of steps a patient takes once they come into the clinic. Patients will receive care that is integrated, more efficient and comfortable.
- In patient satisfaction surveys, one frequent complaint we heard was that patients don’t like having to wait in crowded, noisy waiting rooms. To address this, we downsized the space in the waiting rooms and created exam rooms that are 40 percent larger to accommodate wheelchairs, walkers and family members or caregivers. From the check-in process to check-out, all of the services will occur in the exam room.
- In addition, there are additional on-site services to better serve patients.
What are some of the services that will be offered at the new clinic that patients currently don’t have?
Services being offered at the new clinic will include:
- Full service retail pharmacy, including a drive-through pharmacy that serves Cornerstone patients
- Anti-coagulation management clinic
- Lab draw station
- Dietitians on site
- Behaviorist on site
- Diabetes education program also on site.