The flu virus can “live” on some surfaces such as doorknobs and tables for up to 24 hours. Routine cleaning of surfaces may reduce the spread of flu. Pay special attention to these germ collectors:
- Remote controls and game controllers.
- Counters, handles and drawer pulls in the bathroom.
- All tables, including nightstands, coffee tables and desks.
- Computers, tablets and keyboards.
- Stuffed animals should be washed in the laundry, or kept away from others for several days until viruses die.
- Sheets, blankets, towels should be washed at high temperature with color-safe bleach detergent.
Remember! Everyone should clean their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizers at LEAST six times per day.
Learn more information about identifying, avoiding and managing flu here https://www.rightcareyakima.com/index.asp