Diabetes Prevention Classes
* There is room in our weekly Monday (1-2pm) and Tuesday (10-11am) classes beginning on October 27th and October 28th. Registration is required by calling 249-5317. Read below to find out more about this program.*
Prediabetes is a condition where the blood sugar is higher than normal, but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes. Memorial’s prevention program helps people lower their risk of type 2 diabetes. Participants meet in groups with a trained lifestyle coach for 16 weekly, one-hour sessions and seven monthly follow up sessions. If you would like to learn more about this program, you can attend an orientation on the last Monday of each month from 4-4:30 p.m. at Memorial’s Community Education Center at 2506 W. Nob Hill Blvd. No registration is necessary for the orientation.
How do I know this program is for me?
• Are you an overweight adult?
• Do you have family members with diabetes?
• Have you had gestational diabetes during pregnancy or did any of your babies weigh 9 lbs or more at birth?
• Have you ever been told you have high blood sugar, prediabetes, or borderline diabetes?
If you answered yes to any of these, you may be at risk for type 2 diabetes.