Dec. 29, 2015—From hot dogs to high heels, 2015 delivered a lot of interesting health news.
While there were many leading headlines in health, here are a few that got some of the most attention from our readers in 2015. If you missed any of them, take the time to check them out—soon they’ll be last year’s news!
2. Anxiety affects millions of careers. Do you feel stressed on the job? This story reveals just how common that feeling may be.
3. Melanoma cases double in 30 years. Find out what steps you can take to protect yourself against the most deadly form of skin cancer.
4. Your kitchen towel may be a comfy home for germs. You dry your dishes with it. You wipe your hands on it. But what might be living on it?
5. Not so sweet: Sugary drinks kill 184,000 a year. You may want to reach for a big glass of water after reading about the global health effects of sugar-sweetened beverages.
6. Sleeping in car seats can be deadly. Learn how to provide a safe sleeping environment for your baby—and why a car seat can be a napping no-no.
7. High heels, higher injury risk. Dressing up feet may be pretty, but sometimes it’s dangerous. A report shows how a number of injuries related to wearing high heels has increased.